Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

christinebaronak Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 11:41:04 AM(UTC)
christinebaronak

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If anyone is having problems with being stuck on the INITIALIZING and you have Nortons 360 I know how to fix it.

Just send me a message and I will be glad to help. I will be posting the fix as I have to type it out.

I was so happy that I got it!!!! I received a document from Cricut with step by step instructions but it was not for the Nortons 360 it was for another Nortons. So I had to figure it out, but I finally got it after all these months, lol

BigGrin
 4 users thanked christinebaronak for this useful post.
DoodleBug2 on 11/12/2012(UTC), Larmabee on 11/12/2012(UTC), JPollock720a96ea15 on 11/17/2012(UTC), baletrina0a85531c on 12/8/2012(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 1:56:16 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8154 time(s) in 4778 post(s)
Originally Posted by: christinebaronak Go to Quoted Post
If anyone is having problems with being stuck on the INITIALIZING and you have Nortons 360 I know how to fix it.

Just send me a message and I will be glad to help. I will be posting the fix as I have to type it out.

I was so happy that I got it!!!! I received a document from Cricut with step by step instructions but it was not for the Nortons 360 it was for another Nortons. So I had to figure it out, but I finally got it after all these months, lol

BigGrin

It's very nice of you to be willing to help others in this situation. I hear Norton 360 (the newest version) won't work with our CRICUT machines. I will have to be updating within the next few months (from a version from two years ago....which was updated a few months ago, but I never had any problems resuming in CCR after that update; so, I'm assuming those of you talking about the newer version is a more updated version than a few months back)!

You would think PC and Norton would work this out together instead of making each individual user of CRICUT machines have to deal with this on their own. It has been a known problem for quite some time.

TO THE MONITORS (NEW PEOPLE COMING IN WITH PROVOCRAFT): ANY WAY YOU CAN HELP COORDINATE PC'S TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT TO GET WITH NORTON ON THIS????? Not only that, there are some AVAST users who can't get anything to work for them, either. HOW ABOUT PROVOCRAFT GETTING TOGETHER WITH THIS COMPANY to get your technology working together for the SATISFACTION OF YOUR CUSTOMERS???????????

Char

Edited by user Monday, November 12, 2012 7:40:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
srtist648d0b34 on 11/13/2012(UTC)
christinebaronak Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 4:08:32 PM(UTC)
christinebaronak

INSTRUCTIONS

How to fix the stuck on “INITIALIZING” if you have a pc and use Windows 7 and Nortons 360 latest version.

Open your Nortons, go to Antivirus, then click on the Scan and Risks tab, scroll down to Items to Exclude From Scans and click configure, click Ad and cut and paste the entire Cricut Craft Room Folder from your Programs folder. Click apply, then close. Then scroll down to Items To Exclude From Auto Protect, Sonar, and Dowload Intellegence Detection and follow the same.

After you do this, you then will be able to launch Cricut Craft Room.
 4 users thanked christinebaronak for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/12/2012(UTC), joshuabonnett3c78d968 on 11/14/2012(UTC), Car53 on 11/22/2012(UTC), daisykgirl12ad200581 on 12/8/2012(UTC)
christinebaronak Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 4:14:47 PM(UTC)
christinebaronak

Char, no problem! I wanted to tell others who are having this problem. I could not find this anywhere on the Cricut forums, I only found where Nortons or Cricut fixed it but they did not say how they fixed it.

I am computer savy so I was able to get around it. I was on the phone with Nortons but I had an idiot on the phone!!! I ended up hanging up on him!!!

I just had to share this with others because if we do not get our crafting done, well you know what happens, lolLOL
 1 user thanked christinebaronak for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/12/2012(UTC)
Nolu Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 4:22:33 PM(UTC)
Nolu

United States

Was thanked: 436 time(s) in 371 post(s)
Christine, I just renewed my Norton subscription and now I am stuck there too and CCR won't open. I don't have 360, I have Norton security. What do I have to do?
It is so nice of you to help us with this.
TIA
christinebaronak Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 4:39:37 PM(UTC)
christinebaronak

What Nortons are you using? I can look this up for you.....
christinebaronak Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 4:40:49 PM(UTC)
christinebaronak

I just read you have Nortons Security, I will see what I can find out. I have a meeting at 7 and will be back later on, okay?
christinebaronak Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 4:44:27 PM(UTC)
christinebaronak

You need to find out where your enablization is on your Nortons Security. Call Nortons at 800-745-6061 and allow them to have remote control over your computer, they will be able to do this for you.

Let me know if this works for you!!!!

I will be back later, and I hope they can fix it for you!!!

Christine
Larmabee Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 5:10:40 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
AUGH! now I'm afraid I'll have to update. I use Norton 360 and haven't had a problem yet. Hopefully I will get away safely! So far so good!
CandiB Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 6:01:22 PM(UTC)
CandiB

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have been on the phone 3 times with cricut today and Norton. I still had issues once I added the exclusions. PC sent me a link to the old version of CCR. I am using Windows 8 and had to change compatibility to Windows 7. Now I am stuck on the login screen and it will not go any further. Also I am still getting the Bridge error in Cricut sync. Below are the before versions of CCR.

http://craftroom.cricut....ricut-craftroom_132.exe - PC download

http://craftroom.cricut....ricut-craftroom_133.dmg - MAC download
christinebaronak Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 7:10:09 PM(UTC)
christinebaronak

Candi what Nortons are you using. You need to speak to someone at Nortons who handles only what you use. I am sure you did, but I just want to make sure.

It took me months to get this resolved!!!

If you have the latest version of 360 just follow my instructions......

MonaLArmstrong Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 7:46:11 PM(UTC)
MonaLArmstrong

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 329 time(s) in 176 post(s)
christinebaronak you are officially my hero!

I have been beating my head against the wall trying to get my CCR working. With your instructions, I was able to get it to work with the Norton 360!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!BigGrin Woot
christinebaronak Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:05:19 PM(UTC)
christinebaronak

You are so very welcome. I also was beating my head, lol

Pass it on!!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS.....

BigGrin
Hugabug Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:35:14 PM(UTC)
Hugabug

Was thanked: 542 time(s) in 238 post(s)

BigGrin

Christinebaronak...psst...come closer...no, closer...put your ear right next to your screen...
now listen closely...did you ever think about working in the IT dept at PC? I hear they need alot...and I mean alot...of help there. Just a thoughtBigGrin
 1 user thanked Hugabug for this useful post.
Freda C. on 11/14/2012(UTC)
christinebaronak Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:46:35 PM(UTC)
christinebaronak

Thanks for the tip, PM me the info and I would LOVE to look into it!!!!
Leanner Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:30:37 AM(UTC)
Leanner

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1556 time(s) in 1144 post(s)
bump ...my friend is having trouble installing CCR and I hope she sees this
Nolu Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:03:10 AM(UTC)
Nolu

United States

Was thanked: 436 time(s) in 371 post(s)
Christine, you are the greatest. I called Norton at the number you gave me and he fixed one of my computers.The other one he did the same and maybe it works, but there it's telling me the bridge error. He said to uninstall the program and install again which I did, but the error persists. I guess I will call PC.
Thank you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
christinebaronak Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:07:20 PM(UTC)
christinebaronak

You guys are welcome!!!

I am glad that I was able to help out!

If anyone has any questions please PM me!!!

BigGrin
LisaDePugh Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:38:45 PM(UTC)
LisaDePugh

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I have Norton 360 on all my computers and have never had any problem signing in to CCR. Of course, that's not something I do often anyway.
christinebaronak Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:58:41 PM(UTC)
christinebaronak

It appears to have an issue with the new update of Norton's 360. Mine worked until I updated, but now that I figured it out, I am back, thank god!!! I miss CCR so much, lol
LazyBee Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:14:08 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

United States

Was thanked: 639 time(s) in 306 post(s)
I had the same problem with Norton's latest update and still couldn't get still couldn't get it to work. So I uninstalled the whole thing (fortunately it's provide by our internet carrier) and installed Microsoft Security essentials...I also completely removed Adobe air, Cricut sync, and Craftroom...and did complete new fresh installs. Told Security Essentials firewall to allow and everything is working well. It had something to do with the latest Norton update as everything was working prior. So if you can't get yours to work try uninstalling all of it and use Microsoft's virus protection. It's free and is rated well.
 1 user thanked LazyBee for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/18/2012(UTC)
corinnecea6ab9b Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:32:56 AM(UTC)
corinnecea6ab9b

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just got off the phone with PC after trying everything listed in this forum (thank you so much to everyone who posted!) I have Windows 7 and Norton Security as well, not 360. My problem is the desktop version of Cricut Craft Room is stuck initializing forever. It seems the fix is similar to what is listed in prior posts, just need to add a few steps. Here is what I was told to do by PC support:

--Go to Norton/Settings/Antivirus/Scans and Risks.
--Scroll down to EXCLUDE FROM SCANS and click configure. You will need to do the same thing under EXCLUDE FROM AUTO PROTECT, SONAR, DOWNLOAD INTELLIGENCE DETECTION.
--ADD these programs found already on the list as you scroll:

C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Cricut-Craft Room.lnk
C:\Users\Public\Desktop\CricutSync.lnk

--ADD these as well. To find them you need to click the triangle to show subfolders on your C: drive and follow the path to include the folder, the bridge files within the folder, and then the actual program file within the folder.

c:\Program Files (x86)\CricutSync
c:\Program Files (x86)\CricutSync\CCRBridge.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\CricutSync\CricutSync.exe

c:\Program Files (x86)\Cricut-Craft Room
c:\Program Files (x86)\Cricut-Craft Room\CCRBridge.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Cricut-Craft Room\Cricut-Craft Room.exe

--Make sure you APPLY your changes and then close out of this.

--Next, go to Norton/Settings/Firewall/Program Rules.
--Change the tab from AUTO to ALLOW on the following:
CCRBridge file (will be there twice if you also have CricutSync)
Cricut-Craft Room.exe
CricutSync.exe

--Make sure you APPLY your changes and then close out of this.

This took about 15 minutes and I am up and running after hours of fighting with this last night. Thanks for PC customer service for walking me through this.

During this process my cricut firmware was prompted to update, so I had to do all of that before I could cut. But if you follow the prompts it is pretty straight forward.

Hope this saves someone some trouble!
 5 users thanked corinnecea6ab9b for this useful post.
wolcotts5db6124bc on 11/16/2012(UTC), hkdawsonf23b95e6 on 12/9/2012(UTC), tegtmeyer21053efcee82 on 12/9/2012(UTC), JudyM6 on 12/23/2012(UTC), mbcook522b5e69 on 12/26/2012(UTC)
JPollock720a96ea15 Offline
#23 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:18:16 PM(UTC)
JPollock720a96ea15

Thank you!!!!!!

I thought it was that my new computer had windows 8, I didn't even think about the new version of Norton that I'd put on it too. I've been working on this for 3 days trying to get it to work. I do ALL of my projects through the craft room.
dallen83c3be40 Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:43:27 AM(UTC)
dallen83c3be40

Just found the solution to the hanging at initializing on my Windows 7 computer. I'm running Norton's 360 antivirus software.
I found this YouTube video. It solved my problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-jzNKtY3z0
After adding the Cricut folders to the exception list, mine worked perfectly. You might try that. I don't know what antivirus you are using, but there would be a similiar setting in all of them where you can add folders to the exception list.BigGrin
baletrina0a85531c Offline
#25 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 10:46:21 PM(UTC)
baletrina0a85531c

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

BigGrin

Amazing!!! Was so frustrated to open CC and get stuck on that page. Thank you for taking the time to help out and find a solution that no one at PC has!!! Thank you!!