Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

DorothyS Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:26:02 AM(UTC)
DorothyS

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 139 post(s)
They want me to pay the $29.96 shipping charges to receive my free cartridge from joining the circle and I told her no to refund me the 3000 points back and she claims they can't do that. DONE BUYING CRICUT PRODUCTS>
cheryl d Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:35:27 AM(UTC)
cheryl d

Was thanked: 196 time(s) in 123 post(s)
tell her you could have bought the cartridge for that price without using 3000 points? i did. the cart i got is on sale for 24.99 on cricut machine.com. why would we pay 30$ to ship one and waste 3000 points?
they gave me a 30$ credit to cover shipping. not sure what will happen with future purchases that are supposed to be free shipping?
Dragonfly50 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:51:00 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DorothyS Go to Quoted Post
They want me to pay the $29.96 shipping charges to receive my free cartridge from joining the circle and I told her no to refund me the 3000 points back and she claims they can't do that. DONE BUYING CRICUT PRODUCTS>

Did they say if it was because you are in Canada?
Does it say anything about shipping costs to Canada before you sign up for the Circle?
Did they say if you'd get the free shipping on future purchases?

Sorry to ask all the questions but this may save someone else from going through what you are going through now.

Sorry this happened to you!
D~
DorothyS Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:52:24 AM(UTC)
DorothyS

A hour on the phone with CS and finally got shipping charges taken off. Told her they might want to post that Canadians have to pay a shipping charge of $29.93 to receive their free cartridge.
Dragonfly50 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:59:51 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DorothyS Go to Quoted Post
A hour on the phone with CS and finally got shipping charges taken off. Told her they might want to post that Canadians have to pay a shipping charge of $29.93 to receive their free cartridge.

I was just thinking that...
I went to look and it doesn't say anything about that.
I paid $3.60 for shipping mine but didn't use rewards points.

Glad you could find someone who could help you out.

D~

cheryl d Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:01:37 AM(UTC)
cheryl d

i do not believe it says anywhere that canadians must pay shipping... i did try to put in my US shipping address and it was still charging me a minimal shipping fee (under 5$) so it is not because we are canadian!!!(i live over an hour from the border so gas would not have been worth it to ship stateside) it is because they are trying to rip us off!!! PC really needs to become a company that stands behind what they offer. we should not have to fight for wjat they advertise.
DorothyS Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:11:22 AM(UTC)
DorothyS

Originally Posted by: Dragonfly50 Go to Quoted Post
Did they say if it was because you are in Canada?
Does it say anything about shipping costs to Canada before you sign up for the Circle?
Did they say if you'd get the free shipping on future purchases?

Sorry to ask all the questions but this may save someone else from going through what you are going through now.

Sorry this happened to you!
D~

AT first she claimed it wasn't free shipping then she said she didn't know why it was charging me shipping, not sure if she even knew how it was supposed to work. She did say well pay the $29.93 and then all other purchases over $50 you will get free shipping, I told her no refund me my 3000 points because I can go to Michaels here and buy the cartridge for $34.99.

She had me take a screen shot of the page showing the shipping charges then she gave me a credit to apply so I could get it for free.
DorothyS Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:14:24 AM(UTC)
DorothyS

I used reward points before and got 3 carts and paid the rewards fee and it was under $12 so I know charging almost $30 is a rip off. She told me it was a duty fee and I told her that was a lie because I order from the US all the time and never get charged a duty fee.
CricutGena Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:50:17 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 972 time(s) in 309 post(s)
Hello All! Just a heads up. The shipping costs are calculated directly from Fed Ex's database. We do not add any extra costs to this shipping nor do we make any money from shipping costs. We contract with Fed Ex for the cheepest shipping costs that can be provided. I hope that clears up a little of the confusion which seems to be happening o nthis thread.

-Cricut Gena
cheryl d Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:33:03 PM(UTC)
cheryl d

cricutgena... it has nothing to do with us having anything against fedex pricing... i realize you must be new and maybe not familiar with all that happens with pc but if you check the following PDF it clearly shows free shipping... that is our problem. if policy has changed please update the PDF!!! http://www.cricut.com/res/CCircleRewards.pdf
 1 user thanked cheryl d for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 6/18/2013(UTC)
Scrapperdee Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:38:04 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 4075 time(s) in 2336 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello All! Just a heads up. The shipping costs are calculated directly from Fed Ex's database. We do not add any extra costs to this shipping nor do we make any money from shipping costs. We contract with Fed Ex for the cheepest shipping costs that can be provided. I hope that clears up a little of the confusion which seems to be happening o nthis thread.

-Cricut Gena

The problem, CricutGena, is that the purchase of circle membership should NOT BE CHARGING SHIPPING! There is something WRONG with cricut.com's programing that it charges shipping on these items ... and IF the circle is continuing for another year...this "little" problem better get fixed before the majority of circle members renew their membership in August!

DorothyS Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:00:24 PM(UTC)
DorothyS

Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post

-Cricut Gena

Fed Ex over charges then to ship to Canada, why isn't there a USPS option in the pull down menu?? And you should have it posted on the rewards site that shipping is outrageous to Canada.

1 user thanked DorothyS for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 6/18/2013(UTC)
CricutGena Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:39:36 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 972 time(s) in 309 post(s)
Hello again. As you all can see we did take care of the issue, and we did not charge shipping for the Circle membership purchase. The PDF references an earlier issue which we are no longer having. We do not charge shipping on the initial purchase of the Circle membership. This does occur very rarely and we do take care of our customers as this arises.

My post was specifically addressing the shipping complaints. We had taken care of the original post's issue and it was assumed that this was clear. We are well aware that shipping is not supposed to be charged and as always we are looking into why a very few customers have seen this error.

We are happy to hear your suggestions for improvement, and we are happy to hear your feedback. We are now locking this thread as we have addressed all your concerns and will continue to improve the services we extend to our wonderful customers.

-Cricut Gena

Edited by user Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:13:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/18/2013(UTC)